Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

I can't get enough

Name: Sam
Pronouns: she/her

Points: 40,806, Level: 29 Points: 40,806, Level: 29 Points: 40,806, Level: 29

Re: am i ready? - June 27th 2023, 05:26 PM

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us at TeenHelp!

Although it can definitely feel like it, there is no timeline for when you should have sex. Some people choose to have it earlier, others choose to wait until they're in a committed relationship, and some people opt to wait until marriage. It's all about when the timing feels right to YOU, not the rest of society. Sex can be an extremely intimate, vulnerable experience so making sure that you're ready and having sex for the right reasons is crucial to making the experience more enjoyable overall. Don't let what others are doing influence that decision for you.

When you do decide you're ready to have sex, please make sure to educate yourself on safe sex! Too often, young people assume that safe sex only includes taking precautions such as condoms or birth control to avoid unwanted pregnancy. I definitely remember having that belief when I was younger. However, there are so many ways to practice safe sex, regardless of your gender or sexuality. Doing a little bit of research based on that will give you some tips to ensure that you and your partner are able to have an amazing time without anything else to worry about.

I hope this helped some! Please feel free to reach out if you have any more questions.

Take care,
Sam

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie