View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Cherrylicious Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sequoia
Pronouns: they/them

Points: 172, Level: 2 Points: 172, Level: 2 Points: 172, Level: 2

Re: They found out - September 14th 2023, 06:03 PM

I don’t know what you should do about your parents, but I have personal experience with a friend who started self harming after I did. She really dragged me down and got me to scar up my perfect thighs 11 years ago and I’m still living with these scars and many others that are her fault. It was impossible for me to see it at the time, but now I have perspective since I ended the friendship right after graduation.

I say this to be helpful, but if it’s too triggering I hope the moderators edit it out:
This “friend” kept going to the emergency room for stitches and staples, and she got me to cvt my left shoulder so deep it made me nauseous. I still have horrible problems with the scar. This girl additionally gave me lots of self harm tips, and that can be a problem with being friends with a fellow self harmer, especially in high school when some of our peers aren’t socially mature yet. In my case, it turned out that this girl was a stalker who had a sexual fetish for cutting me, so I had to do it to myself to satisfy her because it would’ve been much worse if she’d done it to me.

I’m sorry that’s so dark, but I don’t want you to go through what I went through. Especially because the school administration condoned her actions even though I was the 4.0 student with a great social life and she was the opposite. I have a question: is your friend who recently started self harming interested in recovering? Also: if you showed them scars as a warning not to do it, how did they react?