(#3 (permalink)) Old
Resilient Offline
HelpLINK Officer

Senior TeenHelper

Name: Court
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 27,433, Level: 23 Points: 27,433, Level: 23 Points: 27,433, Level: 23

Re: 2023 - December 23rd 2023, 01:25 PM

My 2023 started out really rocky but later on in the year it got exponentially better. My grandmother passed earlier this year at the same hospital I work at, it’s still rough going to work every day and having to pass the room she was in, but every day gets better and better. I met a significant other though after - we’re in an exclusive relationship now. I started going to school and my employer is reimbursing me for my tuition at the end of every semester, which is nice, and I’ll have my bachelors in a few short years. I’ve made great strides in my mental health, because in previous years I would have quit my current employer after what happened with my grandma, and all my future education prospects would have been harder to achieve. I also would not be one of the best employees. I actually won an award called the “above and beyond” award that my co workers wrote me in for, which was nice and touching.

Resilient
1. (of a person or animal) able to withstand or recover quickly from difficult conditions.
2. (of a substance or object) able to recoil or spring back into shape after bending, stretching, or being compressed.

We all possess resilience, we just need to realize it.

Lead Moderator | HelpLINK Officer