Thread: Triggering (Substances): I need someone to tell me the risks of Vodka.
View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

I can't get enough

Name: Sam
Pronouns: she/her

Points: 40,806, Level: 29 Points: 40,806, Level: 29 Points: 40,806, Level: 29

Re: I need someone to tell me the risks of Vodka. - February 7th 2024, 07:32 PM

Hey,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

While vodka isn't inherently dangerous, it can become dangerous with excessive consumption. It sounds like you might be at risk for that. When alcohol is consumed to excess, it can lead to alcohol poisoning, which can lead to a lot of health risks. On top of that, if you're already noticing alcoholic tendencies in your behavior, drinking will only continue to fuel that. Active addiction comes with its own set of risks, including financial troubles, issues with family/friends/partners, risky and reckless behavior, and withdrawal symptoms if you're not able to feed the addiction.

I really am sorry to hear about your cat. It's definitely understandable that it feels like alcohol would help ease some of the pain caused by the loss. But, it isn't worth the risks, especially with the behaviors you're already noticing. Finding another outlet for your emotions is a much healthier, safer route. Is there someone in your life that you can talk to about what you're feeling? Even though it won't bring your cat back, being able to share your emotions can be extremely helpful. It may also help if you find ways to honor your cat, such as creating a memorial for him or writing about your feelings and favorite memories with him. It might take some trial and error to find the best outlet for you, but it will be worth it in the long run.

I've experienced alcohol addiction myself, so please feel free to PM me if you want to talk about this more or would like some tips for quitting. You are stronger than the addiction.

Take care,
Sam

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie