View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,892, Level: 59 Points: 172,892, Level: 59 Points: 172,892, Level: 59

Re: Suicidal because of anxiety? - March 26th 2024, 10:24 PM

My last suicide attempt was because the anxiety wouldn’t stop, so I get where you’re coming from.

I’m not a doctor but medication has honestly helped a lot. I take hydroxyzine as needed and I found it helps more than the benzodiazepines such as Ativan. I also take daily medications to help ease the symptoms of anxiety.

My favorite thing to do when I have anxiety is to use an ice pack. I have a migraine cap that foes over the entire back of my head and neck, and I can also put it on my eyes. Ice packs, cold showers, and similar can give your body a “shock” and “reset.” It also distracts me because I get the sensation of cold instead of self harming.

My group therapist told us to make a self care box with different things in it we can use to care for ourselves if we’re having a hard time. You can put pictures, quotes/song lyrics, your favorite sweater, stuffed animals, a comedy DVD (or a list of comfort shows and movies you can stream) and a whole bunch of other stuff.

Progressive muscle relaxation can also help. It’s where you tense and relax all the muscle groups, starting with the feet and moving all the way up to the head. Similarly, deep breathing. There are a ton of different breathing techniques.

I hope you get to a better place soon.

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.