View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Storyteller. Offline
Spite and coffee.

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Charlie
Pronouns: they/them

Points: 106,738, Level: 46 Points: 106,738, Level: 46 Points: 106,738, Level: 46

Re: Let's talk on Easter. - March 30th 2024, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterscotch. View Post
Easter is not a challenging holiday like the November and December holidays, in my opinion. Not everyone observes Easter — especially if they're Jewish or Muslim, or don't celebrate any type of holiday — and not everyone will be in that perpetual holiday spirit that is egged on by the mass media in November and December. I will not be available on Easter as I will be spending it with my parents, sister, and her family.
It's fine if that's your experience, but it's good to be mindful of the fact that any kind of holiday can be challenging depending on what's going on in someone's personal life. Not everyone celebrates the "November and December holidays" either, and at least where I am I've seen a lot of advertising around Easter that focuses on spending time with family which can be a tough subject for anyone who doesn't have family, doesn't have a good relationship with them, can't be with them for this holiday, etc. I think it's good to have threads like this, as well as reassurance that people will be around on the day, so that anyone who's having a hard time during this holiday period knows they have somewhere they can turn to. With that in mind I'll be around on and off over this weekend and am more than happy for anyone to get in touch if they want someone to talk to about anything.

"Love means never having to say
you're a werewolf."
3 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.