View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
TH Anonymous Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 34,296, Level: 26 Points: 34,296, Level: 26 Points: 34,296, Level: 26

Re: Why do American liberals push low quality candidates? - April 11th 2024, 10:03 PM

[SIZE="a"]I don’t really follow politics as much as I should, but I know I don’t like the governor of my home state. I only say this as someone who is disabled and has been searching for a job since early 2020.

This governor has allowed migrants to seek refuge here, taking up space in hotels and this can lead to a disruption in tourism. The governor continues to stress for J-2 workers to spend the summer here, which takes away job opportunities not only from me, but students that are old enough to legally work.

In the context of accessibility, she does not focus on that and make accommodation for Deaf people readily available. She prefers to focus on inclusivity for other minorities, such as POC, LGBT+, and women. She hasn’t made herself accessible by using closed captioning or hiring certified ASL interpreters.

I did not vote for her in the state governmental election even though she is a Democrat.[/size]