View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
~Misguided Ghosts~ Offline
But I'm just a ghost.

TeenHelp Superstar
**************
 
~Misguided Ghosts~'s Avatar
 
Name: Dez
Age: 30
Gender: Agender
Pronouns: They/Them
Location: Connecticut, USA

Posts: 21,010
Points: 194,513, Level: 62
Points: 194,513, Level: 62 Points: 194,513, Level: 62 Points: 194,513, Level: 62
Blog Entries: 181
Join Date: November 16th 2010

Re: I have feelings for my best friend - need advice!! - November 25th 2024, 10:00 PM

Hey,

I'm sorry you're going through this!

Sometimes it involves radical acceptance. It doesn't mean you approve of the situation or it doesn't feel bad, but it means you accept things how they are. Basically, you know that you have non-reciprocated feelings and you realize that's just how things are and that you appreciate this person as a friend.

You can try and come up with some boundaries on what you will or will not talk to this person about. For example, if this person starts talking about dating or flirting you can try and redirect the conversation.

Also try finding things to fill your time so you're not constantly thinking about it, such as picking up a new hobby, sport or volunteering.

I hope things are okay soon!

Take care,
Dez


Oh, you are not useless
We are just
Misguided ghosts