View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
~Misguided Ghosts~ Offline
But I'm just a ghost.

TeenHelp Superstar
**************
 
~Misguided Ghosts~'s Avatar
 
Name: Dez
Age: 30
Gender: Agender
Pronouns: They/Them
Location: Connecticut, USA

Posts: 21,019
Points: 194,770, Level: 62
Points: 194,770, Level: 62 Points: 194,770, Level: 62 Points: 194,770, Level: 62
Blog Entries: 181
Join Date: November 16th 2010

Re: Parental issues with a queer kid - January 17th 2025, 11:29 PM

To be honest I lead two different lives. Around my parents I'm Desiree, She/Her, and around a lot of other people I'm Dez, They/Them. It all depends on safety. I don't feel safe coming out to my parents like that, so I don't. I'd say before you take any actions, make sure you would be safe in your own home. For example, if you started going by Ashton, He/Him at home would be there any dangers like the thread of violence, being treated poorly, or even kicked out? If so, I would wait to be fully out until you have a safe space to go if things turn south.

Do you think you could ask your best friend how he goes about things? You said he still goes by Moss and he./him, so maybe he'll have some advice on how he navigated things with his own parents and family.


Oh, you are not useless
We are just
Misguided ghosts