View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
~Misguided Ghosts~ Offline
But I'm just a ghost.

TeenHelp Superstar
**************
 
~Misguided Ghosts~'s Avatar
 
Name: Dez
Age: 30
Gender: Agender
Pronouns: They/Them
Location: Connecticut, USA

Posts: 21,016
Points: 194,705, Level: 62
Points: 194,705, Level: 62 Points: 194,705, Level: 62 Points: 194,705, Level: 62
Blog Entries: 181
Join Date: November 16th 2010

Re: Something is Really Wrong with Me - February 28th 2026, 06:55 PM

For me, it's anxiety. Of course we are different people and I'm not a doctor, so I can't say that yes, that's what you have. My experience is that I also am "blocked" from doing things. It can even be something simple! My anxiety spirals and I think of all of the worst things that can happen. Of course, NOT doing the thing also means you create a self-fulfilling prophecy. You may or may not get the scholarship if you apply, but you definitely won't get it if you don't even try.

Sometimes I have a friend hold me accountable for things. We do things together while talking on the phone with each other so we know we're not slacking off like if you were texting. Even if we're not talking on the phone though, they ask "have you done the thing?" and of course it's not a great look to deny it haha.

Have you heard of the Finch app? You complete goals and take care of/dress/get pets for a virtual bird! It may sound silly but it actually helps to send my bird on adventures, create rooms for them, and dress them up haha.


Oh, you are not useless
We are just
Misguided ghosts
Reply With Quote