Thread: Triggering (SH): Cutting is Always Dissapointing for Me
View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
~Misguided Ghosts~ Offline
But I'm just a ghost.

TeenHelp Superstar
**************
 
~Misguided Ghosts~'s Avatar
 
Name: Dez
Age: 30
Gender: Agender
Pronouns: They/Them
Location: Connecticut, USA

Posts: 21,016
Points: 194,705, Level: 62
Points: 194,705, Level: 62 Points: 194,705, Level: 62 Points: 194,705, Level: 62
Blog Entries: 181
Join Date: November 16th 2010

Re: Cutting is Always Dissapointing for Me - March 8th 2026, 07:28 PM

I'm so sorry to hear you're going trough this!

I'm wondering if you need to use some grounding exercises, especially when you feel detached from your own body. Maybe you can do something like hold an ice cube, or list things you can see/touch/hear/smell/taste. You can also do it in categories, such as finding everything in the room that is blue, as an example.

Here is a list of alternatives. Some are for grounding but there's other alternatives there too depending on what your needs are. If one doesn't work, try not to be discouraged. There's bound to be something on the list that works!

Maybe some type of exercise would help too. It doesn't have to be anything extreme, just something to get out the pent up energy.

I hope this helps!
Dez


Oh, you are not useless
We are just
Misguided ghosts
Reply With Quote