View Single Post
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Hdjdjdjduvieg Offline
Wandering Wayfarer
I've been here a while

Name: no

Points: 20,302, Level: 20 Points: 20,302, Level: 20 Points: 20,302, Level: 20

Re: Religion in Schools - May 20th 2009, 02:42 AM

I think you're way too sensative. Just as you have the right to talk about how you're agnostic, everyone else has the right to talk about their beliefs. I will agree that it does not belong in the school system, but if they're just using it as an example, then what's the big deal? They're not teaching it. And the pledge thing... I'm getting so sick of hearing that. If it bother's people so much then don't say that one word. That doesn't mean people have to take the entire line out of the pledge, because that's just as bad as forcing people to say it... which you're not. You're not forced to say that line, so don't. Get over it. I am so sick of people treating agnosticism and atheism as even more of a cultish religion than the most radical of religions. I'm agnostic and I don't run around shoving my beliefs up everyone's throat and trying to debunk everyone elses religions, and get 'offended' by everythign to do with religion. Doing that is just as bad as getting offended by someone sayign 'Jesus Christ'.. seriously, get over it.

I love the name of honour more than I fear death.