View Single Post
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Kyle11 Offline
Designated Informer!
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kyle

Points: 9,770, Level: 14 Points: 9,770, Level: 14 Points: 9,770, Level: 14

Re: Religion in Schools - May 20th 2009, 02:59 AM

This topic to me hits the ball home. The main reason being, I have to deal with this and see this every day.

I live in Texas. I am not from this state and I am what I consider a mixture of a lot of religions, but to me the school system should not corrupt and let a personal matter affect the way a subject is taught.

Every day I walk into school and right in front of me is a Bible Quote. I'm not sure what the passage is, but it is some excerpt ( I will write it down and post it after school tomorrow) that just drives me insane because it deals with "The people being gods children" or some BS.

Religion doesn't not BELONG in school. It belongs in a church of faith, in a private home, but NOT in a public school.

Now, I'm graduating in two weeks, and if there was one thing I would wish to change, that would be eliminating religion and influence from school. Or at least creating a balance. See it's okay for the teachers and principals to put up jesus motivational posters, and faith quotes and talk about getting saved, but I can't wear a t-shirt with a logo that says "Fuck the U.S. Bombs" or "Fuck Religion" because of a naughty word? Seriously to me, the words god, jesus, and church are as dirty if not dirtier considering the lives that they have taken.