View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Points: 48,277, Level: 31 Points: 48,277, Level: 31 Points: 48,277, Level: 31

Re: What's your opinion? (any religion) - May 20th 2009, 03:48 AM

Wait, what? I don't think drinking is a sin, at least not in the Catholic church. At our Catholic schools ceremony type things they have glasses of wine for the parents. If drinking was a sin, they would definitely not have wine at Holy Communion either, because then they would be sinning in church. Imagine that

A lot of things changed since the Old Testament, Christians now follow the New Testament more closely, rather than the Old Testament. But as for your question, no Christian agrees with everything the bible has to say. If they did, I'd be utterly shocked. Plus, I think a lot of times Christians take things from the bible to literally, and confuse their meanings. Such as the saying from the bible - "an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth" Some people would say that this saying promotes something such as the death penalty, while other Christians would disagree. There's conflict as to what is and isn't to follow in the bible, and not everyone agrees with everything that it states, or they see a completely different meaning to what it states, and that's completely normal.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts