View Single Post
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
WashoutThePain Offline
=]
Outside, huh?

Name: Ask Away!

Points: 52,404, Level: 32 Points: 52,404, Level: 32 Points: 52,404, Level: 32

Re: The less-homework revolution? - January 13th 2009, 03:58 PM

In my opinion, having hours of homework is completely RIDICULOUS! Yesterday I worked from 3:30-11:30 working through dinner and I still have a ton of work tonight. Losing sleep over finishing busy work is absolutely ridiculous. I've written 5 essays for English in the past 3 days. How can this be healthy!? I wake up super early, go to school, go to sports, eat dinner, work until I die, and then sleep for a few hours just to wake up and do it all again.

I figure, having an essay once and a while, or a math worksheet if you didn't finish it in class, but honestly, I have to prioritize what to do so I don't fail all my classes. The weekend comes which should be fun, but I spend most of it studying and working for school and SATS. Even over holidays we are assigned projects and such. The week or so before the quarter ends, we have tests in every subject, a project in most, and enormous amount of work due each day... It is not helping when I have to continuously work, I don't even have time to think about what I am doing, I just do it to get it done.

There needs to be a restriction on how much they can distribute for each night/ per week. Teachers need to communicate so we don't get stuck with 4 tests on one day, it's not fair.