Thread: Disability
View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 33,029, Level: 26 Points: 33,029, Level: 26 Points: 33,029, Level: 26

Re: Disability - May 26th 2009, 09:12 PM

Hey Shannon.

Well done for talking to your counsellor about your worries, that takes a lot of courage, so well done - you should be proud of yourself for that.

It seems as though these thoughts and feelings are quite strong - do you think you'd be able to talk about this subject again with your counsellor, more thoroughly?
If these strong thoughts are bothering you I think you should try and talk about them with your counsellor because talking it through might help you gain a better understanding and may help you realise why it is that you feel as though you want to have a disability.

I am glad that you realise that having a disability does often have its negative repercussions and I hope that you don't feel the urge to act upon these thoughts in order to try and become disabled or hurt in any form. If you do start to feel as though harming yourself would be a good idea then you need to tell someone how you are feeling because it is important that you're kept safe.

Try and ask yourself questions about these thoughts if you're struggling to understand. Why is it in particular you want a disability? What do you think having a disability would cause? I hope this helps.