View Single Post
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
InSovietRussiaORGASMGotU Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 14,869, Level: 17 Points: 14,869, Level: 17 Points: 14,869, Level: 17

Re: Disability - May 28th 2009, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanadian View Post
For some reason, sometimes I really want to have a disability. I think it's a mental disorder (I'm a hypochondriac... my counselor tells me I'm not but I still think I'm a hypochondriac).

Sometimes I wish I was blind, or I was missing a foot or toes or something, or maybe that I didn't have hands. I'd hate to not have hands 'cause I need them to type... but still, sometimes I wish I was missing a limb or something.

I've heard of a disorder in which people try to get their legs or something removed because it feels extra or something, but I don't think I have that issue.

I just want to know if I might really have a mental issue and if so, what is it?
Or is this normal?

BTW my other issues, in case it helps, are depression-anxiety, self-harming (not for a year, though), and OCD. And a strong belief that I am a hypochondriac.
Hypochondriasis is not when one wants to have a disorder. It's when one misinterprets their bodily sensory information and they believe that they have a disorder, although it's unwanted.

Wanting to be ill tends to fall under Munchausen (sp?). About the removal of limbs, that is called Body Integrity Identity Disorder (BIID), although it has some unofficial names, however, I stick with the official one. The unoffical one is Amputee Disorder or Amputee Identity Disorder or something along those lines.

For OCD, what are your obsessions and compulsions?
Have you been very stressed and anxious or possibly contemplating some form of harm to yourself?

However, is having the disorders or believing you do, an attempt to avoid DSS placement?