(#6 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Mimi

Points: 20,103, Level: 20 Points: 20,103, Level: 20 Points: 20,103, Level: 20

Re: Tattoo Addiction - May 28th 2009, 05:16 PM

Hey,

I certainly believe that getting tattoos could be psychologically addicting. It might be a good idea to limit yourself or set out a certain about of time you'll have to think of a new tattoo idea before letting yourself get it. After all tattoos are pretty much permanent and you want to make sure every new design is something you want. You can be in control of this if you try. Saying you're addicted to something is no excuse not to try and resist it. It's nice to treat yourself to the things you want and save up for those special things. However, tattoos are not the only thing worth spending your money on. How about for the next couple of months you save for something other than a tattoo. It may be a smallish start but I think it might help open your eyes to the other things you could be spending your money on. Is there anything you could think of that you'd like to save up for? You could put the money towards going on a vacation, starting a new hobby, or anything else you think you might like. Just make sure what you're saving for is healthy. What about tattoos do you find addicting? I believe that any addiction is overcome able. However, the addict themselves has to want recovery. Do you feel as though you want/are ready for recovery? If you don't feel this way now those feelings can always change. Just because you might not be ready to be fully recovered doesn't give you the excuse not to try and get better at all. Any addiction can be difficult and life consuming. If you ever fee like you want to talk to anyone about what you're going through I am here for you. Take care and hang in there.

Lots of love <3 Mimi

As long as we can dream, there will be unicorns.