(#11 (permalink)) Old
shanadian Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Shannon

Points: 10,647, Level: 15 Points: 10,647, Level: 15 Points: 10,647, Level: 15

Re: Disability - May 28th 2009, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourNightmare View Post
Hypochondriasis is not when one wants to have a disorder. It's when one misinterprets their bodily sensory information and they believe that they have a disorder, although it's unwanted.

Wanting to be ill tends to fall under Munchausen (sp?). About the removal of limbs, that is called Body Integrity Identity Disorder (BIID), although it has some unofficial names, however, I stick with the official one. The unoffical one is Amputee Disorder or Amputee Identity Disorder or something along those lines.

For OCD, what are your obsessions and compulsions?
Have you been very stressed and anxious or possibly contemplating some form of harm to yourself?

However, is having the disorders or believing you do, an attempt to avoid DSS placement?
As I said, I don't believe I have hypochondria because I want to be disabled, it's because I think I have everything I hear about! If I had had a cold recently, I would have been scared that I had swine flu and made my mom take me to the doctor's most likely.

Anyways, my OCD involves things being even, symmetrical, matching, etc. I cannot stand open doors if the other doors are open. If there are two closed doors and a third open one I will have an extremely strong urge to close it. I am lazy as hell and hate doing work but sometimes I have the compulsion to clean things. If it were up to me, roads would all be perfect straight lines and never curve but have 90 degree corners. And I would like to never have to mentally grapple with a triangle...

I used to cut myself a lot but I haven't done it for over a year and I'm a little scared to try to amputate anything... I have been having a crazy couple of weeks but I actually have been feeling pretty darn awesome in the past couple days.

I was trying to think and I decided that my strongest urge is to be missing my right leg...
My counselor told me that I abused the right side of my body because I am left-handed. Had to do with the two sides of my brain, and the right brain trying to silence the left brain, or something like that.
So maybe that's similar.

And if they thought I had Munchausen's or Body Integrity Identity Disorder (that's what I had heard of), I don't even WANT to think of what they'd do. I'd be put in a pyschriatic hospital before you can say Prozac.

It would be better if I did not have any more issues, but of course if I do have a problem then I've gotta get that fixed.

It's not so much I feel that my leg is extra, it's more like I feel like I want it gone... Kinda like a drastic haircut, except my leg won't freaking grow back.
My life would be a lot harder (Gym Credits will be harder to get I'm guessing) in most ways, but somehow it still appeals to me and I want to have something ostensibly wrong with me