View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
ForeverAutumn* Offline
together, we are infinite.
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 17,267, Level: 19 Points: 17,267, Level: 19 Points: 17,267, Level: 19

Re: I Have Urges To Start Purging With My Anorexia - June 3rd 2009, 07:42 PM

Alisha,

Another way of losing weight.. is to do it the healthy way, if you need to lose weight at all. You know that purging and starving isn't the best way to go, it's addicting and it can cause serious health risks like what's happened to your stomach. It's going to keep affecting you, physically and mentally, if you keep in this cycle and don't try to break it or if you don't try. Telling yourself you aren't strong enough to stop this, well, that's not going to make stopping any easier, you know? If you tell yourself that enough times, you'll begin to believe it and when that happens, fighting's just going to be near impossible. Tell yourself that you can do this. Build yourself up, instead of tearing yourself down. Write little notes to yourself and put them where you'll see them often - your locker, besides your bed, a mirror, etc. Put positive things about yourself and words to encourage yourself and keep you motivated. At the very least, doing this can really boost your morale and keep you going on those days you feel fighting isn't getting you anywhere.

If there are only a couple of school days left, can you go to a treatment center when school is finished? While getting help sooner is better than later, getting help later is better than not getting help at all. Seriously consider looking for an inpatient program once school is up or start looking into it now, sometimes there isn't always a spot available and there's a bit of a wait. Otherwise, think about an out-patient program at a treatment center. You might be able to go in the afternoons etc, work something out.

You know where to find me if you'd like to talk about anything, take care of yourself. <3

how could anyone ever tell you, you are anything less than beautiful?| PM Me
self-harm free since 06.10.11.