Thread: Triggering: Abortion is wrong.
View Single Post
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
ThePunkAlien Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Josh

Points: 21,559, Level: 21 Points: 21,559, Level: 21 Points: 21,559, Level: 21

Re: Abortion is wrong. - June 4th 2009, 04:20 PM

I never had sex. I'm responsible. I choose this because I know that it is a responsibility. Hearing about one night stands sickens me. I was born from a mistake, but rather than my Mom being selfish and getting an abortion - she choose to follow through and put me up for adoption because she wasn't ready for raising a child. She was brave... but others I see who just care about their parents, peers and nine months of pain out of something they chose to do - no, I don't have any sympathy towards them...

Maybe it's being born out of an unplanned pregnancy that gives me this perspective. Knowing that those who opt for abortion rather than following things through to the end and giving the baby up for adoption are weak. How do I know embryos have life? I regressed to the point that I remembered exactly what it felt like to be growing inside her and given away - I remembered. Which isn't something that should seemingly be possible unless embryos and really early babyhood do have life.

So you're opinion of me on the outset is wrong. I'm a responsible guy born from an unplanned pregnancy, from a woman who remained strong and chose adoption over abortion - and believe me, she couldn't keep me because she was poor. Money's got nothing to do with it in my mind, let me repeat - my birth mom was poor. The moment and first time I have sex, I know what could come as a result - which is why I've been holding out on it - and if it ever does happen, I'd stay by her side through the whole thing and then as a couple make the decision of adoption or raising it on our own if we could provide it with a good life. I wouldn't kill my son.