Gingerbread Latte Offline
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Points: 71,033, Level: 38 Points: 71,033, Level: 38 Points: 71,033, Level: 38

Re: Abortion is wrong. - June 4th 2009, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
Abortion's wrong. Clear and simple. Yesterday I spotted a thread at the pregnancy forum that really disturbed me - about someone getting or considering getting an abortion.

You chose to have sex. You have to deal with the consequences. Your parents find out? Big deal. The "pregnancy pain" worries you? Big deal. You didn't have to have sex. But, you did - you have a life growing inside you now and you have to follow it through.

Embryo stage of life DOES exist. I can testify to this and so can numerous other adoptees, who's only memory of our mothers exist in that stage of life. I can't explain what happens, why it happens, only that I know it does and research has proven that this is the case. You're killing life.

Abortion's only right under one condition - such as a couple who keep trying to have a child only to lead to children being born with severe birth defects. Or if medically it's able to predict if the child will be born with any painful defects. If you're responsible enough to have sex, from that point onwards you have to grow up. Being responsible is not getting an abortion out of fear of giving birth, your parents finding out, or what your classmates may think - that's immature. Being responsible is doing what's best for the baby.

And as for how old you are - ever hear of adoption? You don't need to raise it, just don't kill it. It's not that hard, why anyone would choose abortion above adoption as a solution beyond selfish reasons is way beyond me unless there's chance of pain for the child.

I know this post is highly accusatory, but it really disturbed me and I felt I couldn't let this go without saying something about it.
What if you take all the necessary precautions but still, somehow, end up pregnant?

You say they should do what's best for the baby but what if they have the baby and keep it but end up resenting it for the rest of its life, is that really best for it? Or if they give it up for adoption, yes it may have loving parents and grow up happily but it'll always know in the back of its that it's mother didn't want it and gave him away.

I completely disagree with you, if a woman wants to have an abortion she should be able to. The only time I'm against abortion is if people use it as a form of contraception and rely on it to stop them having a baby e.g someone goes out has unprotected sex, gets pregnant, gets an abortion but then goes and haves unprotected sex again thinking they can just have an abortion.

You've asked why people would choose abortion over adoption well I can answer that. When I have my first child I want it to be because I want it and because I want to look after it. If I found out I was pregnant tomorrow I would get an abortion simply because I don't want to have a child now because I want a stable career and I want to be married before having a child.