View Single Post
  (#23 (permalink)) Old
Elf Offline
flying and skying
Not a n00b

Name: Anne

Points: 10,108, Level: 14 Points: 10,108, Level: 14 Points: 10,108, Level: 14

Re: Abortion is wrong. - June 4th 2009, 05:22 PM

And if everyone in the world had your same experiences, thoughts, and felt the exact same way you do, abortion would be against the law. But it's not that easy.

I think that having a baby, being pregnant and giving it up for adoption, or having an abortion is such a tremendous, life-altering decision that it makes me super uncomfortable to think about making that choice for someone else. There are so, so many circumstances that one law cannot cover all of them.

Not everyone can pay for prenatal care, or giving birth, not everyone wants to have a baby just so it can shuffle through the atrocious foster care system until it's 18, not everyone thinks a baby is a person, not everyone thinks that having sex means you consent to a child, and not everyone thinks that giving birth is the only way of taking responsibility for consequences. I'm sorry that you're so disturbed by all of this, but you need to remember that you and your mother were not the only ones who ever had to make this choice.

I was a "mistake" too. I wasn't a planned baby, my parents were shocked and nervous like all get out when they found out my mother was pregnant with me. They chose to go through with the pregnancy anyways, and I'm happy they did. But that was what they decided, and I don't think it's right to deprive anyone else of making their own decision based on what is right for them.

be thankful for what you have
and you'll end up having more.