(#39 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Taylor

Points: 18,584, Level: 19 Points: 18,584, Level: 19 Points: 18,584, Level: 19

Re: Abortion is wrong. - June 4th 2009, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
This is why in an earlier post I stated one possibility to ease situations is that parental consult for those under a certain age is needed and required. Kind of like anything else - driving, alcohol, etc. Because from what I've seen what clouds many in early pregnancy are more the "fears" of what will happen if anyone finds out due to the stigma than weighing all options. This provide support and aleviate those fears by having a parental figure involved. I believe if this was the case, there'd probably be fewer abortions among early pregnancies because it would be more a question of what's best for the child than "oh my god, what if they find out? I'm doomed!" which seems to stain a lot of thoughts from what I've seen.
Ah yes parental consent. Let's see what about if the girl was raped by her father. Should she have to get his permission then? I'm talking about a situation where she obviously didn't report it because she's too scared. Parental consent for underage pregnancies is not a good solution in my book. It can lead to many dangerous consequences for the girl.

You know I've been nice to you and haven't brought up rape yet. Then you'd get a whole different degree of passion from me. But until someone else really starts it I'll keep quite.

Also I don't know if you really know anyone who's had an abortion, but from what I've heard it is anything but a quick and easy decision.

"For Ignorance killed the cat, Curiosity was framed." -Caitlin McGrath

"For this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

"But the music's so happy!" -Little Sally: Urinetown

"If our own policies aren't supporting equality then what are we fighting for?"- Kathy Griffin