Thread: Triggering: Abortion is wrong.
View Single Post
  (#40 (permalink)) Old
ThePunkAlien Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Josh

Points: 21,559, Level: 21 Points: 21,559, Level: 21 Points: 21,559, Level: 21

Re: Abortion is wrong. - June 4th 2009, 07:39 PM

That's why I used PARENTAL FIGURE rather than PARENT. Parental figure can range anywhere between a trusted teacher, a guidance councilor, a neighbor, etc. This is more to ensure that the girl doesn't go through with alone and has someone with more experience and a more developed brain - yes, brains continue to evolve well into your early twenties.

I still don't see how rape could constitute to someone taking a life and thinking it's right. I'd actually believe, psychologically she'd be worse off...

If anything I'm willing to bet that the women who have to live with the fact that they went through with an abortion have it a lot worse off than a woman who has to live with putting her child up for adoption where they may attain a "better life" and may, perhaps, be reunited someday. So, even psychologically, I'd say abortion would be a lot harder of a crutch to bear for a girl than adoption.

I'm more connected to this than you asking the "if you were the girl and pregnant" questions are. Yeah, I may never get pregnant. But, guess what - I'm the embryo, which is a lot closer to it than any of you have ever experienced and may ever experience. So, despite being a guy, I'm more connected to this debate than any girl may ever get because she may have a stable pregnancy where none of these questions and/or scenarios come up. There's two people here - the unexpected embryo and the girl who didn't expect to get pregnant.

Last edited by Katrina; June 4th 2009 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Let's be nice. :)