Thread: Triggering: Abortion is wrong.
View Single Post
  (#50 (permalink)) Old
ThePunkAlien Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Josh

Points: 21,559, Level: 21 Points: 21,559, Level: 21 Points: 21,559, Level: 21

Re: Abortion is wrong. - June 4th 2009, 08:21 PM

If a woman gets an abortion out of fear of someone finding out she got pregnant, or she doesn't feel like spending the money but may be able to attain it through support, or plain out like the ignorant comment way below stated simply because she doesn't want to be pregnant for no other reason than just 'cuz not now.... I do have a problem with that and consider that weak.

Keep in mind, as I keep trying to reiterate, not all women who do it are weak. I've never even used weak when stating a woman who got raped, just I think it would be more psychologically painful for her than giving it life and knowing she gave it a better life. Only those who give up without really trying are weak in my eyes, because there's alternatives that should be taken into account first. There's a distinct difference and that's why I said I don't think it should be illegal, only reserved for the extreme cases....

But, guess for you abortion just means any case without trying anything else first? Not using it as the last choice if necessary.

You say it's as deeply personal for you, but what you continue to avoid is how. Just cuz'? That's not as deep as it running through your blood. Now if you were an adoptee, orphan, or your parents told you that they were considering abortion or giving you away when you were a baby - you don't have as strong a connection as everyone else. A connection? Yes, maybe, perhaps. But it would in no way reach the level of the groups of people I just named.