Thread: Triggering: Abortion is wrong.
View Single Post
  (#150 (permalink)) Old
ThePunkAlien Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Josh

Points: 21,559, Level: 21 Points: 21,559, Level: 21 Points: 21,559, Level: 21

Re: Abortion is wrong. - June 5th 2009, 02:07 AM

Jack, there are a lot more feelings and actions than pain. So, I still don't see anything other than one emotion - feeling pain. So, using that as an excuse, would you kill a man that's numb to all kind of pain to make your life better? That's as close an example as I can come up with, but pain's not everything.

The book has scientific studies in it that have been throughfully examined by developmentalists in the field, not the authors opinion. And those studies have shown up in NUMEROUS books. Thus, it IS valid no matter how much you want to deny it or there could be two opposite sides of the field and study, which can happen at times in studies.

As I said to - Cameron - there is no black and white, thus there isn't and should be no illegal or legality. It's a gray area which means under circumstances it can be for the best, while under others it can't be. Thus, it shouldn't be within the regulation of the state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxEllexx View Post
no, you're not wrong - i do believe that in the circumstances i stated, abortion is a better option than adoption for a lot of people.

i'm not bringing personal connections or feelings into this i'm just debating the topic, although correct me if i'm wrong - but you don't know anything about me or my situation and life, so therfore can't make a statement like that.
What situation? Unsafe sex and the mother not wanting it? You just described about every adoption there is, that's why the mother puts the child up for adoption. She's not able to care for it. No one plans on getting pregnant and putting the baby up for adoption.

Plus, if you were adopted - I have a feeling you would have stated so a long time ago like others have stated their connection to adoption. So that eliminates you from being the child and you're not a birth mother... so, really, I don't see what your second point is getting at when you used those two people: child and birth mother in your statement. You brought the CHILD into this. And I can tell you, even on my worst day, I wouldn't ask to be aborted or see that as the best choice for me the child.

Last edited by ThePunkAlien; June 5th 2009 at 02:18 AM. Reason: Multiple posts have been merged automatically.