(#151 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Points: 38,778, Level: 28 Points: 38,778, Level: 28 Points: 38,778, Level: 28

Re: Abortion is wrong. - June 5th 2009, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
Jack, there are a lot more feelings and actions than pain. So, I still don't see anything other than one emotion - feeling pain. So, using that as an excuse, would you kill a man that's numb to all kind of pain to make your life better? That's as close an example as I can come up with, but pain's not everything.

The book has scientific studies in it that have been throughfully examined by developmentalists in the field, not the authors opinion. And those studies have shown up in NUMEROUS books. Thus, it IS valid no matter how much you want to deny it or there could be two opposite sides of the field and study, which can happen at times in studies.

As I said to - Cameron - there is no black and white, thus there isn't and should be no illegal or legality. It's a gray area which means under circumstances it can be for the best, while under others it can't be. Thus, it shouldn't be within the regulation of the state.

What situation? Unsafe sex and the mother not wanting it? You just described about every adoption there is, that's why the mother puts the child up for adoption.

Plus, if you were adopted - I have a feeling you would have stated so a long time ago. So that eliminates you from being the child and you're not a birth mother... so, really, I don't see what your second point is getting at when you used those two people: child and birth mother in your statement. You brought the CHILD into this.

what situation? any situation, as far as i'm concerned. i don't care how the child was conceived or what the mothers situation is, she should still have the right to abortion. you keep repeating yourself saying that the mother should just put the child up for adoption. well, i've stated many times in this thread already why the mother may not want to or feel able to do that. it's not as simple as "i'll just have it and get it adopted" it's a human life we're talking about.. so killing it at the stage where it's an embryo, before it turns into a human being is a sensible solution.

just because i'm not adopted myself and not a birth mother, it doesn't mean that i don't have any experience with adoption. this debate isn't about adoption anyway, and it seems you're bringing that up more than the actual topic at hand - abortion.

i can see how being in your situation as an adoptee [?] it would lead you to have these opinions. however, you can't just disregard others opinions because of your personal set of circumstances. in this debate the fact that you were adopted doesn't mean that your opinion has any more weight or significance than anyone else's to be quite honest.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..