(#170 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Points: 38,778, Level: 28 Points: 38,778, Level: 28 Points: 38,778, Level: 28

Re: Abortion is wrong. - June 5th 2009, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post

Elle, you stated the adopted CHILD. That is what I'm replying to, that you thought it would be kinder for the child to abort it rather than surrender it (orphanage, adoption, etc.).

Hey, you brought it up, you also asked earlier how I could have a stronger connection than you will ever have to that quote... well, it's my life - the adoptee. And no it would not be kinder to have aborted me, that statement did disturb me. Second hand isn't good enough, experiences and emotions - which I can account for - get lost in translation.
well if it's aborted at the embryo stage, it obviously doesn't have the chance to develop into a child..

and no i didn't ask earlier how you could have a stronger connection than i have, please if you're going to quote me - then at least be accurate with it. what i said was that you can't make sweeping statement claiming that you basically know more than everyone else because of your situation.

i don't know how many times i have to say this - but i'll say it again. you can say as much as you like "it wouldn't have been kinder to abort me" or "i would rather be alive." however, this is the key point that you seem to be missing.. the embryo does not have feelings as to whether it wants to be alive or dead.

of course, now that you're grown up you're going to say that it obviously wouldn't have been kinder to abort you - but had you been aborted as an embryo you'd be none the wiser and therfore wouldn't have the opportunity to form any kind of opinion on it at all.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..