(#175 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Points: 38,778, Level: 28 Points: 38,778, Level: 28 Points: 38,778, Level: 28

Re: Abortion is wrong. - June 5th 2009, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
I DO know more about your claim that it would be "kinder to abort the child than to put it up for adoption" when the child isn't wanted for whatever reason. Because that's my life you're talking about. Not everyone, just we - adoptees, orphans, etc. - know a lot more than anyone lucky enough to live with their natural parents could ever know or understand. That is a fact.

If you try to say it's not, I'll ask you this. There's a man with one arm, you've heard from other similar people what it's like to only live with one arm - can you honestly say you know just as much as the man with only one arm?

The fact that subconsciously somewhere remembers that time, shows me that it's a life. Plus the studies I have read which show that... thus, no I don't personally think it's right. But, I can't force anyone to change their opinion I can only state mine.
no, it's not your life i'm talking about - because if you'd been aborted as an embryo you wouldn't have had a life. so how is it you i am referring to? you might know a lot more about adoption, fair enough.. but that doesn't mean that you're opinions on abortion are any more right or wrong than anyone else's.

as for the man with one arm, yes i totally agree - and i've accepted that you have more first hand experience with adoption - but i would just like to say again that this isn't about adoption!!

edit: no, i didn't ask that.. as i've already said.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..