(#180 (permalink)) Old
ThePunkAlien Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Josh

Points: 21,559, Level: 21 Points: 21,559, Level: 21 Points: 21,559, Level: 21

Re: Abortion is wrong. - June 5th 2009, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Does the person with one arm know more about other people, similarly disabled, who also only have one arm than those people do? Not all people placed into adoption feel the same way as you do on the topic of abortion.

Maybe you could provide some of those studies? And/or explain how someone is able to remember a time when they had no working brain?
You took what was stated out of context, but in case you did read everything correctly... Go ahead, do a study asking whether any adoptee or orphan would agree with the quote: "it would be kinder in some situations to abort the child than to put the child up for adoption" and see what kind of results you'd get. That's not asking what they think women should do about abortion, that's asking if they'd rather be aborted and see it as kinder if they were aborted. You'd see more disturbed reactions than anything else. Simply put, it wasn't about abortion - rather that quote that I was replying to which I hope was somewhat lost in translation.

As for your second part, man I only know the studies (for which I gave the pages in the book earlier you can go check out which have studies of how life goes on inside the girl) and what I've read and what's done to me on a PRIMAL emotional level, that I don't even understand... thus, the identity crises. I have no idea why I feel this way towards a mother and father I haven't even seen or met, I inherently just do. It's like asking why do people love? Why do people become afraid? Why do people hate? They just do. That's the confusing part. You feel something, but you don't know why you feel it this strong because you've never met them other than those nine months. So, in effect, something has got to happen and more and more research is showing that there is a type of bonding that does go on which does explain it. It's in those studies I've provided the page and book title for on google books - the best words I've heard describe that make sense on a more emotional level is that for those nine months there's a "sharing of souls." I don't remember it, but that's the only logic my brain can see as the best possibility.

In effect, it's not logical. But, neither is breaking down and crying for a mother you never knew, becoming afraid and frozen, and feeling feelings that only link back to a person that you somehow feel that you know but never knew your whole life. Those emotions and reactions alone shouldn't be logical, they just are. They're primal.

Not many have to regress to the point of feeling your world shattering at the moment of their life, they're lucky enough to live with their natural parents. If you read up on hardships adoptees go through and how this also occurs strongly in reunions - regressing - to me that shows that there's something there, there has to be - why else would a person react like that to a person they never knew or seen? All that's shared are those nine months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout View Post
Although I'm not entirely pro-choice...
Josh, you'll never be the one to get pregnant. You cannot make decisions for people who are in the situation when you never will be. End of story.
No, no one can make decisions. But, people can speak their mind and opinion. People have and don't have first hand experience at being pregnant, but I do strongly believe that the father should play an active role in it.

Now as a guy, I can't make a girl do anything. But I certainly don't have to remain neutral and if she does it, I certainly don't need to stick by her side because of that. So while I can't make decisions, as part of the equation I can feel or not feel a certain way about it. Or has the father become a Vulcan all of a sudden?

Last edited by ThePunkAlien; June 5th 2009 at 04:16 AM. Reason: Multiple posts have been merged automatically.