PhoenixAlive Offline
Mizu-Kun (Saito)'s Spouse
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Alex

Points: 13,011, Level: 16 Points: 13,011, Level: 16 Points: 13,011, Level: 16

Re: what is so wrong about gay marriage??? - June 6th 2009, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x7x13x View Post
the states choosing their laws thing i get an d i like,but this kind of goes against pursuit of happiness does it not? gays are being severly harmed,sometimes even killed,just because some people dont want them to get married. pursuit of happiness states that as long as your not hurting anyone else in pursuing your happiness then it shouldnt matter,so then why does it in this particular sitation? gays arent hurting anyone now are they?
Perhaps your government simply wants to avoid (or postpone) causing a stir. Especially with his new presidency, Obama wouldn't want to alienate the people who voted him in quite yet. And there are a lot of less controversial issues to be dealt with that can show he is making use of his time in office. I'm sure that right now, much more time and energy is going into stimulating and rebooting the economy than dealing with any sort of equality issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khadra View Post
I never claimed it to be a perfect representation, but it is a pretty clear one. The bottom line is that christian groups in the US are the main force behind the anti-gay marriage movement in the US. Yes, other people from other religions oppose gay marriage, but they don't make nearly the fuss about it as the christians are doing. You can be politcially correct if you want and list the religions against gay marriage, but we all know the major movements are christian based in the US.
There are many, many Christians (including myself) who support the gay movement. The ones who don't are mainly the outspoken minority who make the rest of us look bad. Also, don't forget the many Christian denominations which have publicly changed their policies regarding homosexuality and same-sex marriage. The world is changing, and religion is changing with it. Don't paint us all with the same brush.

Last edited by PhoenixAlive; June 6th 2009 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Multiple posts have been merged automatically.