Thread: work addiction?
View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
lvpeyton Offline
stronger than yesterday
Average Joe

Points: 10,974, Level: 15 Points: 10,974, Level: 15 Points: 10,974, Level: 15

work addiction? - June 6th 2009, 03:50 PM

so i was reading the description for this forum and i noticed that work addiction was used as an example and i thought it was interesting. a lot of my friends tell me i am obsessed with working and i brush it off because i don't believe there to be such a thing. and actually my sister and her friends believe that one of their friends named "sarah" is addicted to work too.
i never really thought of it as being an addiction because i don't see it doing any harm to me, but i do work A LOT. i work 6 days a week, 7 hour shifts, even when i am in school. i sometimes work all 7 when someone asks to have off. i just feel productive there. i realize though a lot of my other friends have so much more time to go out and when they ask me to come i kind of can't.
however, i really don't have too many friends. i have 2 really good guy friends that have my back through thick and thin, that i can trust, and that respect me. other than that, i have been burned by a lot of my other so called "friends" and maybe i am hiding behind my job so i don't get disappointed or let down again, but even then, i wouldn't have anything to do if i didn't work.

"All these short times feel like no time, I thought you ought to know."

“Sometimes you have to forget about what you want, and remember what you deserve.”