View Single Post
  (#253 (permalink)) Old
Keep Calm and Eat Cake Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Points: 13,936, Level: 17 Points: 13,936, Level: 17 Points: 13,936, Level: 17

Re: Abortion is wrong. - June 6th 2009, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
Are you saying animals don't eat people? I can produce pictures (you can find - anything - on the net these days) of animals chowing down on some fresh human meat if you'd like...

Eating is a function of survival. If we don't eat, we can't survive.

However, would you seriously kill an animal to produce a pain killer to ease your pain? Personally, I wouldn't, because I wouldn't need to do so in order to survive.

I don't see pain to comfort mentality, I see survival mentality and life for a life as do any and all creatures. But, killing an animal to ease one's pain when that's anything but necessary? No, I'd strongly disagree with that.

As stated before, pregnancy can't be seen as "life for life" mentality unless it actually is "life for life." One can have their opinions regarding it, but the only way that statement can make sense is if the woman could die - thus a LIFE for a life... unless something has the potentiality of dying you can't use the life for life mentality - that'd be pain for life.

Please tell me how this could statement could ever have anything to do with pregnancy unless the woman could possibly die...
I think you've misinterpreted what ive said - or avoided it. Im not talking about the mother atall atm so 'life for life' doesn't come into it.

Abortion is killing something which can't feel pain and has no recognition of it's potential life (When it gets to the stage where it can feel pain i am totally against it btw.)
When you eat meat it is killing something that can feel pain.
So, how is killing an animal more justified than killing an embryo?

There are plenty of substitutes for meat.
And having said all this im not a vegetarian but then, im also not totally against abortion either.
But, you being able to eat meat and cause that death of something living but then fighting against the termination of something undeveloped is quite contradictory if you ask me.
(No disrespect to your views intended, but im just showing you the comparisons)

Quote:
One can have any opinion on abortion, but that phrase that I commented on and why I believe you asked about not eating meat can't be applied. Sacrificing the life of a person? That implies the possible death of a person - death from childbirth. That is only a select number of abortions, but can't be applied to the rest in a general sense because in that is specifically implied a possible death of the person. Thus, it is a flawed logic that I don't see how it can ever be implied unless one's talking particularly about death during childbirth. Life for a life.
Im abit confused - I never talked about Life for a life. Or are you replying to someone else?

Last edited by Keep Calm and Eat Cake; June 6th 2009 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Multiple posts have been merged automatically.