Adean Offline
Almost 4000 posts.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mary

Points: 11,598, Level: 15 Points: 11,598, Level: 15 Points: 11,598, Level: 15

Re: Abortion is wrong. - June 8th 2009, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
If that's the case, why wouldn't the mother put the child up for adoption? Everyone can choose, but why choose abortion rather than adoption? That I'll never understand.

Here's the other thing I don't understand, it seems like some people actually believe abortion to be a better alternative which I think is beyond absurd. How can death ever be considered better than life, maybe if one is going through a depression of some sort - they'd be like everyone else in that field (as said, should minority groups and kids from unstable homes be killed? it's basically the exact same thinking here). Also if you look at statistics, which I have, there are a lot more well adjusted adoptees than there are those with problems because of it - which can actually be linked back to not having a stable home life, in which case they'd be like everyone else in that situation who was never put up for adoption. So if potential problems brings about that viewpoint, well then that would equate nonadoptees too.

I'd also say that adoptees have a better chance than nonadoptees for a better life, whereas most adoptive parents adopt because they want a family - adoptees are chosen - nonadoptive parents are stuck with what they got and they may have never intended to become a parent, which would lead to difficulties and stress down the road. I've seen that case scenario play out with nonadoptees more times than I can count.
Because I don't believe in forcing a mother to continue a pregnancy if she doesn't want to regardless of her reasons. A fetus isn't a person whereas the mother is.

Beware of the cats.