(#283 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Taylor

Points: 18,584, Level: 19 Points: 18,584, Level: 19 Points: 18,584, Level: 19

Re: Abortion is wrong. - June 8th 2009, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixAlive View Post
1 and 2. Your definition of a human being is debatable. And don't compare a fetus to skin cells. That's just insulting. After 10 weeks of pregnancy, as I've shown with sources in my previous posts, unborn babies have all of the organs of a human being in place. And after 15 weeks their motor skills are developed enough to move, kick and explore the womb. Their senses are also partially developed (they can see light and hear sound). That is definitely a little human being.

Abortions are only restricted to medical reasons at 24 weeks.
Of course it's debatable that's the whole problem with this argument. And why not compare a fetus to skin cells under the right circumstances we could make skin cells a viable human being just like under the right conditions a fetus can complete it's process to become a human being. They are just at a different stage.

Let's say we had to choose which being has the most rights, a fertilized egg or a 12 week old fetus, which one gets the priority. Now change it to a 12 week old fetus and a 16 year old girl, who gets the priority.

"For Ignorance killed the cat, Curiosity was framed." -Caitlin McGrath

"For this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

"But the music's so happy!" -Little Sally: Urinetown

"If our own policies aren't supporting equality then what are we fighting for?"- Kathy Griffin