PhoenixAlive Offline
Mizu-Kun (Saito)'s Spouse
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Alex

Points: 13,011, Level: 16 Points: 13,011, Level: 16 Points: 13,011, Level: 16

Re: Abortion is wrong. - June 8th 2009, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adean View Post
Honestly? No. I don't idealize that the potential human that any aborted fetus could be will make a noticeable impact on the world. Most of us are insignificant and even if the great minds were aborted, then we would be studying some other musical piece or someone else would discover whatever.
Firstly, I think that every single person alive has the ability to help make the world a better place, even if its just their tiny corner of it. If that fetus, after they are born, could make one person happy, or be there at the right time to give someone a hand, or just make someone smile, then I as the unwilling biological mother would know that I made the right choice in carrying that baby to term.

Quote:
Forcing a mother who doesn't want the fetus or doesn't want to continue the pregnancy shouldn't be allowed. You are then degrading the mother's right.
You and a couple others keep talking about the mother's rights, but you don't seem to realize that by allowing abortion in every single situation regardless of whether or not carrying a baby would medically or psychologically damage the mother, you are reducing the fetus' rights to ZERO.

Quote:
Also, has anyone ever looked at the cost of having a baby? It's a lot more than an abortion and if you're married and have a job, it's still going to affect your family.
It literally costs nothing to be pregnant and to carry a baby to term, or to give a baby up for adoption in Canada (where I live). It also costs literally nothing to have an abortion here, so this argument makes no sense to me at all.

Quote:
In a perfect world, no one would want to have an abortion. Women do want an abortion and they will continue to seek them out.

It might be beyond your ability, but take a few seconds to think about it. Is it a person? A person is more than just having human DNA or having a body. A person is conscious of their own surroundings and not dependent on a sole person for their survival (a baby or someone severely disabled can have care takers to survive).
A fetus is conscious of their surroundings and can interact with them. (see my earlier info on fetal development) A fetus may not be able to live outside its mother's womb yet, but many people cannot live without being fed intravenously or breathing with a machine and living in a completely sterile environment (this is exactly what the womb is to an unborn baby)

Last edited by PhoenixAlive; June 8th 2009 at 09:16 PM.