ThePunkAlien Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Josh

Points: 21,559, Level: 21 Points: 21,559, Level: 21 Points: 21,559, Level: 21

Re: Abortion is wrong. - June 8th 2009, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darlingllnikki View Post
Josh-
Like you I was also adopted, as were quite a few people I know. My birthmother was also in her early 20s. I however do not agree with you.
Your lucky that you can think of adoption in the way you do. However, most likely from adoption I have developed severe fears of abandonment. Many people I also know who were adopted feel this way.
I love my parents and my family, but the feeling of abandonment is still a major downfall in my life, and has prevented me from doing many things.
I have never stated to the contrary. I have always stated that there ups and downs and went into detail on both. However, as I'm sure you can account for there are other problems that nonadoptees have that adoptees don't have and vica-versa. I'm not stating being an adoptee is better than being a nonadoptee, what I'm stating is that each and every life comes with it's own shares of ups and downs and that adoptees shouldn't be placed any farther than that. Like any other, it's a life.

Plus, it's not that far of a fetch either from other scenarios as I've also stated - run away parents, divorces in the family, etc. These events also bring along several of the same emotional through lines.

Thus, it's not that adoption is easy. It's not. But, I can't see how it's any harder or easier than any other life. Just two sides of the same coin, nonadoptees have their own difficulties and adoptees have their difficulties - separate problems, but problems that even each other out placing nonadoptees and adoptees on the same field.