(#314 (permalink)) Old
Adean Offline
Almost 4000 posts.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mary

Points: 11,598, Level: 15 Points: 11,598, Level: 15 Points: 11,598, Level: 15

Re: Abortion is wrong. - June 9th 2009, 03:14 PM

Quote:
You and a couple others keep talking about the mother's rights, but you don't seem to realize that by allowing abortion in every single situation regardless of whether or not carrying a baby would medically or psychologically damage the mother, you are reducing the fetus' rights to ZERO.
I know, but I don't think it deserves rights. Something that can't survive on it's own and is a parasite doesn't deserve the right to affect someone else's rights. Now, before people throw a hissy fit and refuse to think about it, realize that you can pass a baby off to another caregiver so therefore it is not dependent on one sole person.
Quote:
It literally costs nothing to be pregnant and to carry a baby to term, or to give a baby up for adoption in Canada (where I live). It also costs literally nothing to have an abortion here, so this argument makes no sense to me at all.
So women don't take time off for being pregnant? They don't gain weight? They won't face social stigma for giving up a baby for adoption? They won't have to deal with the emotional pain of possibly growing attached to the baby and then trying to decide whether or not to give the child up? What about domestic disputes? She might not have been raped but she is in a bad situation? The cost isn't just money.
Quote:
A fetus is conscious of their surroundings and can interact with them. (see my earlier info on fetal development) A fetus may not be able to live outside its mother's womb yet, but many people cannot live without being fed intravenously or breathing with a machine and living in a completely sterile environment (this is exactly what the womb is to an unborn baby)
Yes, but those people are dependent on machines and not a sole living person 24/7. They may be dependent on caregivers, it's different and don't bother trying to pretend it's the same because it's not.

As for fetal development, reflexes are different from being aware of your surroundings. Brain stem is not evidence of higher level thinking and a cat is more aware of their surroundings yet people show no qualms of putting them down.

By the way, I question every site out there providing pictures of abortions. Want to know the highest reason why stillborn fetuses are stolen from medical schools? Not because students are being sick. By the way, your link is dead anyway because you added it twice. However, those pictures have been passed around a lot with no sources. I think some are from the GAP and they refuse to admit sources (which a judge really should force them to admit it so they can fine any clinics that would be willing to use the "aborted" fetuses without the woman's consent in such a manner). GAP will sue anyone questioning their unnamed sources, but the higher-ups are a bunch of lawyers so what do you expect?

Beware of the cats.

Last edited by Adean; June 9th 2009 at 03:23 PM.