View Single Post
  (#72 (permalink)) Old
ATP787 Offline
Average Joe

Points: 10,911, Level: 15 Points: 10,911, Level: 15 Points: 10,911, Level: 15

Re: what is so wrong about gay marriage??? - June 13th 2009, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastor_of_youth View Post
Ok, after a little more thought I realized animals can't choose, obviously. Therefore I'm not sure why animals wind up being this way. It doesn't help to write on here after a long day I guess.

Homosexuality is also in the New Testament and it's not allowed either. There are passages in the NT that shouldn't be taken literally either, otherwise everyone would be walking around blind, not as many fingers, etc. If someone wants to know what the Bible is talking about, research the text before drawing conclusions. That's not toward you, it's just a general statement.

Yes, it would make sense for people to change their sexuality but that is what they choose to endure.
You're saying its natural for animals to gay, just not humans? Why would human instinct in this matter differ from any other animal?

So basically you're picking and choosing which passages should and should not be taken literally? Just whatever fits the current status quo? I have researched the Bible, and I've come to the conclusion that you cannot take the majority if it literally. This is coming from a fellow Christian, by the way.

They choose to endure almost daily pain and suffering just to like people of the same sex? That's a ridiculous and nearly insulting idea. Let me ask you: could you honestly change your sexuality right now if you really wanted to?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
The only thing that I have against gay marriage is the fact that it's gay marriage. I'm not a homophobe, I just don't want America turning into a homosexual country, that's all.
The majority of people are straight, or at least bi. I don't see the problem.