View Single Post
  (#84 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Brandon

Points: 30,381, Level: 25 Points: 30,381, Level: 25 Points: 30,381, Level: 25

Re: what is so wrong about gay marriage??? - June 13th 2009, 11:52 PM

Quote:
What negative effect does gay marriage have on America?
Quote:
Why shouldn't gay couples get the legal benefits that come with marriage? You're denying them their basic rights.
When did I say either of these things? I never said that gay marriage has a negative effect on America. The only thing that I said that closely resembles that is when I said that I didn't want America turning into a bi-sexual country. That's just what I think -- I'm not voicing my opinion over the millions of other people that are living in the US. I never even said that homosexuality is wrong -- all I said was that I didn't like it. And when did I say that homosexuals shouldn't be given their basic rights? Everyone is entitled to their own rights. If gay marriage is legalized, then I think that they should absolutely be given the legal benefits.

All I'm saying is that I don't like gay marriage. Do I have any sort of evidence to support why people should like/dislike what I like/dislike? Of course not. I have no reason for being against gay marriage, I just don't like gay marriage. Simple as that.

A lot of people say that George Bush was a terrible president. Does that make the people who have the belief right? No! It's just an opinion. When I say that America is turning into a bi-sexual, that doesn't make me right and it doesn't make me wrong either...

Besides, the whole "America turning bi-sexual" bit was just my humor.

Last edited by Brandon; June 13th 2009 at 11:58 PM.