View Single Post
  (#86 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Brandon

Points: 30,381, Level: 25 Points: 30,381, Level: 25 Points: 30,381, Level: 25

Re: what is so wrong about gay marriage??? - June 14th 2009, 12:40 AM

I don't think we understand eachother...

Quote:
You said you liked America better when gay marriage wasn't allowed. Now you're saying it doesn't have a negative effect? What's the point of keeping gay marriage illegal if it doesn't have a negative effect on America?
It has a negative effect on me, as for America...I'm not to judge because I only resemble one individual in the whole entire US population. Where's the evidence to support that gay marriage won't have a negative effect on America?

Quote:
Yes, only you don't want gay marriage legalized in all states, in effect not giving them benefits that come with marriage.
I don't want gay marriage to be legalized in all the states, you're right. I don't want gay marriage to be legalized in all the states, but that doesn't mean that if ALL the states were legalized...I'd live somewhere else and totally disrespect gay couples by trying to strip them of their legal benefits that come with marriage. I'm not saying that at all. If the general population vote on allowing gay marriage in all of the 50 states, then I say so be it. I'll accept the fact and move on even though I disagree with gay marriage. Just because I disagree with something, doesn't mean I disrespect them. So if gay marriage became legalized, then I expect the same benefits that straight couples get.