View Single Post
  (#93 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Brandon

Points: 30,381, Level: 25 Points: 30,381, Level: 25 Points: 30,381, Level: 25

Re: what is so wrong about gay marriage??? - June 14th 2009, 04:05 AM

Quote:
That's bull. People like you shouldn't be allowed voting privileges. Don't like living in a society where everyone is granted the same basic inalienable rights? Then get the hell out.
Against gay marriage? Then don't get one and shut up.
Don't be disrespectful.

Quote:
Slavery was the status quo for a very long time. Just because something has been around for decades doesn't make it right.

Religious marriage may be between a man and women; that's up to the church. From a legal standpoint, sex shouldn't matter.
I think that comparing slavery and marriage is kind of a bad example, to be honest. I see your point, but at the same time...I don't. Slavory was 100% wrong. Marriage isn't.

Perhaps I haven't made myself clear enough on my viewpoints about gay marriage. And I'm assuming that the more I try and discuss my viewpoints, the more disagreement and anger people have towards me so this is my last post on this thread...

First of all, I'm not a homophobe. A lot of the homosexuals and bi-sexuals that I've known on here for a long period of time are awesome people. Therefore, there are a lot of gay people that I know that are great people. I think that everyone deserves an equal share of the basic rights, which is why I'm saying that I'm against gay marriage, but I can accept it if it comes to the point where gay marriage is legalized in most states.

Basically, I'm for gay people...but I'm against gay marriage. For what reason, I don't know. Hell, maybe I'm not against gay marriage after all and there's some unconscious reason why I think I'm against gay marriage when I'm actually not. All I know is that I'm just against gay marriage because of the fact that I've known marriages to be between a man...and a woman. That's it. You don't need to get all defensive and tell me to move out of the country. I'm not gonna move out of the country just because states are starting to legalize gay marrage. No, if the majority of people are voting for it, then it's benefitting the people and I can't complain. I'm an American, and I like when the American people are happy.

I'm just saying that I'm against gay marriage. Maybe I could of worded things differently, or just not answered any questions in the first place, but there's no need to get hostile.

Quote:
So basically, you're forcing your opinion onto others?
If you think I'm trying to force my own opinion onto others, then I must be missing something here. That's fine, I guess, but I'm not trying to voice my opinion onto others. I'm just stating my own opinion.

Quote:
You're contradicting yourself. Why would you allow homosexuality in a few states, and not in others? You either agree with it, or you don't.
I think that homosexuals should be given the chance to do the things they would like to do. I don't think I'm contradicting myself.

Quote:
Put yourself back in the 1950's. Would you agree with the Supreme Court decision involved in Brown v. Board of Education?
I'm really rusty with history, lol. Uh...yes, because I grew up in Georgia in 1990. I've been around a variety of people since I was a little boy, so of course I'd go for it (if it's the one where schools were desegregated). Even if I was alive back then, I'd still probably want to desegregate schools.

Last edited by Brandon; June 14th 2009 at 04:21 AM.