View Single Post
  (#22 (permalink)) Old
Exelus Offline
Aspiring Psychologist
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Russell

Points: 11,716, Level: 15 Points: 11,716, Level: 15 Points: 11,716, Level: 15

Re: 17 year-old boy charged with statutory rape. 17 year-old girl charged with less - June 15th 2009, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost-myself View Post
We just had a presentation on sex offenders (well the really bad ones) and this poor kid is nothing like them... He was just having fun with his girlfriend, who clearly consented. Gah, who knows what will happen with this poor kid. "Sex offender" isn't the best title to have on a college application =\ And I agree, we should be spending more time finding those who are hurting other girls, rather than making a big deal over two teens.
WOW. I didn't even think of that... This is horrible.

This kid is going to be labeled as a sex offender for the rest of his life now, for having consentual sex with his girlfriend who LIED to him AND the police. How is this his bad? It's barely his fault. What do you want him to do, demand ID? If you can prove it's his fault, explain how its his BAD. How is this deserving of a jail sentence? The girl doesn't have a problem with it, so there should be no problem.

If he's convicted, he'll have to walk around to every neighbor's house when he moves into a new house and announce that he's a registered sex offender. This is stupid.

If at first you don't succeed, try try again. If you still don't succeed, redefine success.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss