View Single Post
  (#115 (permalink)) Old
slickguy55 Offline
Average Joe

Points: 9,800, Level: 14 Points: 9,800, Level: 14 Points: 9,800, Level: 14

Re: what is so wrong about gay marriage??? - June 18th 2009, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigmole View Post
Your first mistake in this post is slaming liberals so much. It does not make you look good, nor does slamming conservatives make liberals look good.

The part I bolded is in my opinion bullsh*t. I'm sorry but I don't see how a gay couple that has kids does anything to infringe on family values. First off there is no such thing as a typical family anymore. There are single parents, kids whose parents are divorced and then those parents remarry and the kids end up with two families. I don't see why a family that has two parents of the same sex is such a horrible type to add to the bunch. I mean I guess I just don't know what family values are I suppose.

And name a state where the people's voice has been ignored on this issue. Prop 8 has been upheld, and these other states are blue states, the people voted those politicians into office. That's how our government works, it's not a true democracy the people don't vote for every thing they vote for representatives to make those decisions for them.

I just don't understand how someone could have the mindset that discriminating against someone is okay.
Your first mistake is assuming that a am conservative because of a view point on one topic. It really doesn't make you look good.

And the part you bolded is not bullsh*t. It disturbs the family and the natural order of things. If kids see gay couples in public and grow to accept it, it disturbs the family. A man and a woman have kids, a man and a man do not. And don't give me that crap about single parents. A single mom has a kid, it still comes from the father, in other words it doesn't disturb the natural order. If this is widely accepted it will weaken the family because it makes the definition of 'family' different, and this country is built on family morals, so therefore it would change the very moral mindset of the country for the worse. Clear enough for you? Are you hanging in there?

And what states? Well lets see, the people in Iowa had laws in place banning gay marriage, and these laws made by THE PEOPLE were over turned by crazy liberals on their supreme court. And California, ONE OF THE MOST LIBERAL STATES IN AMERICA, put it to a vote, and it LOST. And make no mistake about it, it will be overturned in California, therefore ignoring the people. Those facts clear enough for you? You didn't hear these things on MTV, so they must not be true, right? Look it up. Educate yourself.

And who says I'm discriminating anyone? Be as gay as you want. Just stay the hell out of churches, and away from kids, because you have NO right to control those things.