PhoenixAlive Offline
Mizu-Kun (Saito)'s Spouse
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Alex

Points: 13,011, Level: 16 Points: 13,011, Level: 16 Points: 13,011, Level: 16

Re: what is so wrong about gay marriage??? - June 20th 2009, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concrete Girl View Post

Something tells me, though, that the homosexuals bashing the Christian faith because of their beliefs about homosexuals would not view marriage as a Holy sacrament, seeing as they disagree with Christian beliefs on marriage, which is in fact a Christian sacrament to begin with, if I'm right.

Therefore, if a homosexual wanted to participate in the sacrament of marriage, wouldn't it be going against the beliefs of the sacrament of marriage if a man were marrying a man, or a woman were marrying a woman? Would it truly be an authentic marriage, if marriage is for a man and a woman? I'm not saying that I'm against same sex marriage, but it is a fact that marriage is a christian sacrament, and that Christian's believe that the sacrament of marriage is strictly for a man and a woman. So, I have nothing against same sex marriage, but do homosexuals really have a place in the sacrament of marriage?
There are lots of religious homosexuals. Just because they are gay doesn't mean their beliefs are thrown out the window. I am sure that they would want their marriage to be sanctified as well. And the Christian view of homosexuality isn't exactly a cornerstone of the Christian faith. One's sex is such a petty thing that many are okay (or are slowly coming around) with over-looking it.