Homophobia is gay
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Cameron
Location: a place surrounded by lakes: it's cold, and poor, and named Detroit

Points: 13,287, Level: 16 Points: 13,287, Level: 16 Points: 13,287, Level: 16

Re: what is so wrong about gay marriage??? - June 20th 2009, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concrete Girl View Post
Registered couples are granted privileges as well. While privileges granted to married couples may be more superior, I wouldn't be complaining when gays are also given certain rights. If gays were not allowed to register as couples, that would be another story. But they are in fact allowed to certain rights, so therefore I do not believe that gays are treated as terribly as some make it seem. While marriage may not be allowed to gays, it's not as if they are treated as scum and given no rights whatsoever.

Why shouldn't they receive the same rights? You aren't married with a civil union.
Our own state doesn't grant legal benefits to same sex couples. And we're not the only one.

Quote:
Hmm, yet it's expected that Christians change beliefs that they have had for thousand of years in order to accommodate others? It's expected that Christians betray their beliefs that are clearly written in the bible in order to make gays feel more included? While I may not agree with many of the Christian beliefs, I would not be in favor of expecting a whole religion to change some of it's main beliefs and customs so that I could get my way. I'm not saying Christians aren't guilty of this as well, as they should respect what those who are not against gay marriage believe as well. But unfortunately, beliefs of Christians or any other Religions are not always going to be fair towards others. But hey, that's life.
  1. There are multiple interpretations of the bible
  2. That shouldn't be a question. Remember the first amendment. You can't make a law or not make a law because it accommodates a certain religion.

ENTER SHIKARI! BEST BAND EVER!!
(little thanks to Just.Tegan for showing me these guys)