PhoenixAlive Offline
Mizu-Kun (Saito)'s Spouse
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Alex

Points: 13,011, Level: 16 Points: 13,011, Level: 16 Points: 13,011, Level: 16

Re: what is so wrong about gay marriage??? - June 20th 2009, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concrete Girl View Post
Your comparison to receiving a lower pay than an equal in rank worker is invalid. Why? Because it is stated in the constitution that woman have equal rights to men. Show me which amendment of the constitution tells you that gays have the right to marry? Let me think. There's an amendment that abolishes slavery. An amendment for the rights of Woman. But still, I do not recall there being a right for gays. Therefore, and I'm not saying it's right, BUT anyone who is against gay marriage STILL has the RIGHT to fight to abolish gay marriage.
The reason there were amendments for women and slaves was because these people were not considered persons under the law, but rather property. That is why they had to fight for their rights.

So, unless you are saying that gays are not persons under the law, they must be given the same rights and freedoms as all of the other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concrete Girl View Post

IN THIS DECLARATION.
And where in the Deceleration does it mention the right to gay marriage?
You proved my point for me, thank you.
"this" Declaration is the basis for all human rights throughout all of the United Nations. And the UN must follow that code. The UN includes the United States.

Everyone has the right to marriage. Everyone. Why should we put gays in a little bubble by themselves? We might as well also say that we can contest African Americans' right to marry because it does not specifically say that they have the right to. Homosexuals ARE people and therefore they, along with everyone else, must legally have all of the rights that the Declaration promises.

Last edited by PhoenixAlive; June 20th 2009 at 05:30 AM. Reason: Multiple posts have been merged automatically.