View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Rossiu Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: John

Points: 9,936, Level: 14 Points: 9,936, Level: 14 Points: 9,936, Level: 14

Jewish girlfriend=pushing religion? - July 18th 2009, 08:19 AM

Hey, I hate to sound ignorant or anything like that but I'm agnostic and to be honest I really don't know all that much about religions other than Catholic (I was raised Roman Catholic) and Christian. And I wasn't sure if I was supposed to put this in here or in relationships and dating. But I figure I will get a better response about the religious aspect in here.

It's fairly simple. I am thinking of pursuing a girl. Problem? She is Jewish and I am agnostic bordering on atheist I simply have no interest in participating in a religion. Now if I do get in a relationship with this girl will she try to push me into the religion?

Now it is clear that she IS very religious. She hangs out at this building on campus that is focused around the Jewish religion (I'm sorry the name slips my mind). Now people who are not Jewish ARE welcome but honestly..I'm not interested.

I have no problems with religion whether its christian catholic jewish muslim or whatever your choice is but I am not interested.

As of right now she doesn't bring religion up if possible but I have to be very careful to censor my friends when they find out she is Jewish since she takes serious offense to Jewish jokes and well.......they're mostly stereotypical guys and start saying them.

This may be a fairly shallow concern but its something that is big to me. Sorry if I caused any offense I'm not looking to argue if God is real or not I am simply looking for some advice so if you could lend me a hand I'd be deeply grateful for anything I can get.

She really is a wonderful girl but this is kind of a big issue.