View Single Post
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
Double X Offline
bee boop
I've been here a while

Name: Kyle

Points: 16,164, Level: 18 Points: 16,164, Level: 18 Points: 16,164, Level: 18

Re: Can you look at religion scientifically, and still believe God exists? - July 21st 2009, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHolyValorx View Post
I don't have proof. And I don't need to prove my belief to anyone. I find it rude when people try to ask me impossible questions. People should accept everyone's beliefs, regardless if they believe or find proof in them. I don't walk around converting people all day because I sometimes find it disrespectful.
Respecting someones beliefs in a traditional sense is a good idea, but there is a huge difference between tolerance and respect. Intolerance of beliefs is like the Turks killing the Kurds. Respect on the other hand, is allowing the good folks Scientology preach their nonsense. Today, respect for other peoples beliefs is basically PC garbage so we can avoid arguing over what we perceive to be right in exchange for peace of mind.

I don't want anyone to respect what I believe in, I want it to be broken down and proven wrong because it would give me a more enlightened view on the subject. When we 'respect each others beliefs' it really robs us of a chance to examine our own reasoning and helps us learn more.

sorry if that seems like garbled nonsense

"We will ask nothing. We will demand nothing. We will take." -- May 1968, French Graffiti